Thank you, Mr. Speaker Mr. Speaker, WHEREAS the Consensus Government Process Convention on Priority Setting and Reporting calls for the establishment of a Special Committee on Transition Matters;
AND WHEREAS transition to a new Assembly is an appropriate time for reporting on matters of on-going action, discussion and consideration;
AND WHEREAS Members of the 19th Legislative Assembly may wish to consider how to build on the direction and deliberations of the 18th Legislative Assembly;
NOW THEREFORE I MOVE, seconded by the honourable Member for Thebacha, that pursuant to Rule 92(1), the Legislative Assembly hereby establish a Special Committee on transition matters;
AND FURTHER, that the following Members be named to the Special Committee:
- The Member for Hay River North, Mr. R.J. Simpson, Chair;
- The Member for Frame Lake, Mr. Kevin O'Reilly;
- The Member for Great Slave, Mr. Glen Abernethy;
- The Member for Hay River South, Mr. Wally Schumann;
- The Member for Kam Lake, Mr. Kieron Testart; and
- The Member for Nahendeh, Mr. Shane Thompson
AND FURTHERMORE, that the Special Committee on Transition Matters be established by the terms of reference, identified as Tabled Document 277-18(3).
Thank you, Mr. Speaker.