Mr. Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly, good afternoon. [English translation not provided.]
Thank you. I am honoured to be in this special place with all of you. It is great to see all of you and to thank you for your hard work to better the lives of the Northerners.
With deep respect, I would like to acknowledge and honour the sacred land and traditional territory of Chief Drygeese and to be forever grateful for allowing us to do our work in this territory.
As we enjoy these warmer months, I would like to wish each of you a safe, healthy, and happy summer as you take your break and enjoy quality time with your families. Please travel safely on the land, on our waters, in the air, and on our highways as you continue working for the betterment of all Northerners.
Encourage and remind your families, friends, and people in your communities to be safe out on the land and to wear personal flotation devices, or PFDs, when travelling by boat on our waterways.
As this sitting comes to a close, I wish the Members of this House good health and happiness as you enjoy the summer and continue your work in your constituencies. Now, as Commissioner of the Northwest Territories, I am pleased to assent to the following bills:
- Bill 5, An Act to Amend the Summary Conviction Procedures Act
- Bill 6, Cannabis Legalization and Regulation Implementation Act
- Bill 19, An Act to Amend the Revolving Funds Act
- Bill 22, Supplementary Appropriation Act (Infrastructure Expenditures), No. 2, 2018-2019
- Bill 23, Supplementary Appropriation Act (Operations Expenditures), No. 2, 2018-2019
- Bill 21, An Act to Amend the Northwest Territories Business Development and Investment Corporation Act
Mahsi Cho. Thank you. Quyanainni. Merci Beaucoup. Koana.