Please be seated. Mr. Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly, good afternoon.
[English translation not provided.]
It has been a while since I have been here in this great place. I am thankful to see you all again in good health. Mahsi, thank you.
I would like to take a moment to encourage all residents to honour the dedication, proud service, and the many sacrifices made by current and past members of the Canadian Armed Forces. Remembrance Day is on Sunday, November 11th. I have been invited to Hay River this year to take part in their services, and I look forward to visiting for such an important occasion.
As this sitting comes to an end, I would like to wish the Members of this House good health, happiness, and prosperity as you enjoy the coming Christmas holiday season with your loved ones.
I wish you all safe travels on the land, in the air, on the ice, and on our highways as you continue to work together, cooperatively, for the betterment of all residents of the Northwest Territories.
Now, as Commissioner of the Northwest Territories, I am pleased to assent to the following bills:
- Bill 7, Chartered Professional Accountants Act
- Bill 8, Emergency Management Act
- Bill 13, An Act to Amend the Securities Act
- Bill 14, Miscellaneous Statute Law Amendment Act, 2017
- Bill 15, Document Formalization, Service and Notice Reform Statute Law Amendment Act
- Bill 16, An Act to Amend the Social Assistance Act
- Bill 17, An Act to Amend the Student Financial Assistance Act
- Bill 18, An Act to Amend the Cities, Towns and Villages Act
- Bill 20, Ombud Act
- Bill 24, An Act to Amend the Elections and Plebiscites Act
- Bill 27, Supplementary Appropriation Act (Infrastructure Expenditures), No. 3, 2018-2019
- Bill 28, Supplementary Appropriation Act (Operations Expenditures), No. 3, 2018-2019
- Bill 33, Appropriations Act (Infrastructure Expenditures), 2019-2020
Mahsi cho. Thank you. Quyanainni. Merci beaucoup. Koana.