The Commissioner Of The Northwest Territories
Hon. Margaret M. Thom
Mahsi, please be seated.
Mr. Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly, good afternoon.
[Translation] Thank you, it is good to be here and see all of you. It seems so long that I was to thank you for your hard work and your patience during these challenging times. I want to say thank you. [Translation Ends].
It seems such a long time to see each and every one of you again. It seems so long ago that I was here addressing you, and I want to thank each and every one of you for your hard work and your patience during these challenging times.
As we enter the festive season and what is our third year of the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to face many challenges.
The challenges will continue and I believe that is what gives us courage, gives us strength, and it gives us the opportunity for personal growth. In spite of the challenges, we must keep moving forward with the best of our abilities and always remember the accomplishments that we have each made - both personally and professionally.
The last two years during this pandemic has been very difficult, particularly to those of us who have lost loved ones due to the pandemic or other reasons. We mourn the loss of loved ones, we celebrate and cherish the ones present, and we must have faith and hope for the future and excitement for the ones yet to come.
As you journey home for this well-deserved break with your families, friends, and your constituents, know that you are going to make cherished memories. Memories are precious.
I wish you sincere blessings of the season and Happy Holidays. Mahsi.
Now as the Commissioner of the Northwest Territories, I am pleased to assent to the following bills:
- Bill 24: An Act to Amend the Revolving Funds Act
- Bill 30: An Act to Amend the Aurora College Act
- Bill 31: An Act to Amend the Pharmacy Act
- Bill 32: An Act to Amend the Northern Employees Benefits Services Pension Plan Act
- Bill 33: The National Indigenous Peoples Day Act
- Bill 36: An Act to Amend the Territorial Court Act
- Bill 42: Supplementary Appropriation Act (Infrastructure Expenditures), No. 2, 2021-2022
- Bill 43: Supplementary Appropriation Act (Operations Expenditures), No. 2, 2021-2022
- Bill 44: Supplementary Appropriation Act (Operations Expenditures and Borrowing Authorization), No. 4, 2020-2021
- Bill 45: Appropriation Act (Infrastructure Expenditures), 2022-2023
Mahsi Cho, Thank You, Quyanainni, Merci Beaucoup, Koana.